Posted 15 days agoExpires in 2 months
Associate Priest / Team Vicar Designate
The Beck Row Group
The six parishes in the Beck Row Group serve seven villages in an arc to the north, east and south of Mildenhall in north-west Suffolk where it borders Cambridgeshire and Norfolk. The combined population of these parishes at 2011 was approximately 10,000, which we estimate has grown to 14,000 and is still growing in Beck Row, Eriswell & Red Lodge.
The successful candidate is promised a varied, interesting and challenging role as the parish priest to a mixed group of semi-urban and rural parishes. He or she will be the Priest in Charge of the Beck Row Group and reside in the vicarage in Beck Row.
Moreover, it is envisaged that in due course the Beck Row Group will join with another 10 parishes in the Mildenhall Deanery and become part of a newly formed Forest Heath Team. The other principal components of the Team will be –
- The town of Mildenhall;
- The Lark and Lee Group, which is formed of the parishes of Barton Mills, Freckenham, West Row and Worlington;
- The Dalham benefice, which is formed of the parishes of Dalham, Gazeley, Higham, Kentford and Moulton.
- Each of these will have their own full-time priests, one of whom will be designated the Team Rector.
For an informal conversation please contact The Right Revd Dr Mike Harrison, the Bishop of Dunwich Telephone 01473 252829 / email email@example.com
Lead the benefice ministry and pastoral teams by working with parishes to develop a shared vision and plans for Growing in God; encourage lay participation in services; identify and develop people’s talents.
Be a good teacher, leader and pastor who will inspire and invigorate church members, and will build and extend the pastoral team.
Share the Christian faith with people of all ages and work with parishes to widen the age profile of congregations through building on some of the initiatives already implemented.
Strengthen and encourage links with young people, families, the middle aged and newly retired and help to expand outreach, pastoral care and visiting capabilities for those in need such as the elderly, lonely and isolated.
For more information about this application process, please use this http://www.cofesuffolk.org/vacancies
What are we looking for in candidates?
To lead us in the Beck Row Group we would like to find a person –
- Whose love of God shines through to all they meet.
- Who has empathy, compassion, and an ability to communicate with, motivate and enthuse (not least from the pulpit) people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Who has previously worked in a benefice with differing styles of worship.
- Who can show evidence of growing congregations and widening participation in the life of the Church in previous parishes.
- Who will embrace the joys of multi-parish ministry.
- Who is able to forge relationships with children and their parents through the local schools and thereby encourage the growth of the church family.
- Who understands and is willing to take forward the Diocese’s vision for growth "Growing in God".
- Who embraces collaborative ministry with fellow clergy and the wider support team.
- A good communicator both in spoken word and through social media.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
The new incumbent will benefit from:-
- The support, fellowship and collaboration of the two Team Vicars, both of whom are highly experienced and well established in their present posts.
- Friendly and welcoming congregations who work well together.
- A willingness on the part of our congregations to be flexible and to experiment with new styles of worship – particularly with a view to attracting more children and younger worshippers.
- A recognition that our congregations must be outward looking and innovative in order to interact more closely with the communities that we serve and to make our churches more attractive and relevant.
- The chance to live in a beautiful part of the country, with excellent transport links and close to all amenities.
- The use of a well-appointed vicarage with four bedrooms and a separate study.
- Access to educational facilities. (The closest primary school to the vicarage is in Beck Row and secondary schools and sixth form colleges are to be found in Mildenhall).
- Administrative assistance is anticipated to be available.