Posted 19 days agoExpires in 13 days
The Old Deanery, Dean's CT, London
At the London Diocesan Fund (LDF) we seek to do everything we can to support the mission and growth of the Church of England in London. The Archdeaconry of London covers the Two Cities of Westminster and the City of London. It is a diverse area, with many high profile churches and institutions. The Archdeaconry seeks to support the almost 100 churches in the area in carrying out their Christian mission and we work in a way that is enabling, facilitating, innovative and always as a partner. The challenges of the area include, but are not limited to, an estate that consists of many heritage assets, the need to seize significant opportunities in a fast moving environment, constant financial pressures and issues around transience and the pace of demographic change.
1. To support the Bishop and Archdeacon with the operational management of the Archdeaconry, in line with the vision and values of the church, ensuring that appropriate resources are in place, and co-ordinated effectively to enable the vision to be delivered.
2. To support, and develop, the management and improvement of all church facilities and finances, in partnership with the parishes, diocese and other partners
3. To ensure that the highest standards are applied in our care for people who connect with the church
The Operations Manager is part of the Archdeaconry Team that serves both the City of London and the City of Westminster.
Closing date - Tuesday 1 January 2019
Interview date - Tuesday 8 January 2019
- Support the operational management of the City Churches
- Prepare statistical analysis and reports for the Archdeaconry
- Conduct and/or supervise complex studies and prepare reports
- Prepare grant requests, applications, and proposals for the work of the Archdeaconry and the City Churches Grants Committee, where the postholder will serve as Clerk.
- Manage programme specific special projects
- Coordinate and/or supervise the development and implementation of special projects.
- Oversee the work of the London Clergy Holiday Fund and act as its Clerk.
- Represent the Archdeaconry on committees and task forces as assigned
- Represent the Archdeaconry and make public presentations as assigned
- Identify and/or analyse potential opportunities relating to property within the Archdeaconry
- Effectively interface with London Diocese HR and Finance teams
- Develop the operating budget for programme specific special projects
- Participate in regular team meetings
- Develop and steward certain key Archdeaconry relationships
The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the role.
- Proven experience in operational management in a creative environment
- Research, compile and analyse statistical and other complex data
- Write complex reports in a logical, comprehensive, concise manner
- Prioritise workload efficiently, without direct instruction, to meet deadlines under changing conditions; exercise initiative
- Quickly acquire subject matter expertise in programme specific special projects
- Prepare reports and present ideas orally and in writing; win and maintain confidence and cooperation of others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals from different parts of the organisation with different traditions, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Familiarity with the Church of England and Diocese of London is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with property management /development
- Familiarity with accounting and financial management
- Familiarity with fundraising / relationship management
- Experience of Project Management
- Attention to detail
- Project orientation
- Multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Judgement and decision-making ability
- Communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written analytical and problem solving skill set
- Ability to draw strategic insights from analysis, whilst communicating concisely and effectively with stakeholders
- Initiative and curiosity
- Enthusiasm for a high-paced, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment
- Adaptability and willingness to get involved with all parts of the ministry
- Responsible and high performing
The Church of England in London is growing, vibrant and at the heart of communities throughout the capital. At the London Diocesan Fund we seek to do everything we can to support this mission and growth, using our resources to help our parishes and chaplains to serve over 4 million people.
We understand the benefits of employing individuals from a range of backgrounds, with diverse cultures and talents. We aim to create a workforce that:
- Values difference in others and respects the dignity and worth of each individual.
- Reflects the diversity of the nation that the Church of England exists to serve.
Fosters a climate of creativity, tolerance and diversity that will help all staff to develop to their full potential.
To learn more about the work we do, click here
To learn more about Capital Vision 2020 please click here