Posted 19 days agoExpires in 3 days
We are looking for a House for Duty Team Vicar to work Sunday plus two days a week focusing on the parish of Cheddington with Mentmore, with opportunities to minister across the Cottesloe Team, of which the parish is a part, providing good rail links and within easy reach of London.
Interview dates - 10th and 11th December 2018
- A parish of two villages, each with its own church; one larger diverse community, and one smaller
- A diverse parish with varied worship patterns. We wish to continue this flexibility and we are open to new ideas and suggestions
- An active parish, sharing responsibility and mutually supportive
- Blessed with many people (an authorised lay preacher, readers, intercessors, musicians, group leaders etc) who help and support a variety of weekday activities and take part in worship
We are looking for someone who will:
- Prayerfully minister the love of God and the Good News of Jesus to the people of Cheddington and Mentmore, and nurture and grow our Church community
- Feel comfortable with various forms of worship, encompassing Common Worship, the Book of Common Prayer, a Family Service, Morning Worship, and Messy Church, with opportunities to develop and explore different worship styles
- Support and nurture the laity to use their gifts by exploring different avenues of ministry and mission and encourage others to become more involved in a fully collaborative way.
- Maintain the close ecumenical relationship with the Cheddington Methodist chapel
- Encourage the family service, building on existing work
- Continue to bring our church into the centre of village life
- Share strengths and talents with the Cottesloe Team and lead us through the formulation of our new MAP.
This person should:
- Enjoy entering the villages’ social life and activities
- Promote the interests of the Church by engaging with the community in various ways
For more information about this application process, please use this link
- An active ministry team including pastoral care
- Good ecumenical co-operation
We aim to:
- Establish ourselves at the heart of village community life
- Be a nurturing and growing church serving the needs of all ages in the community
We offer a spacious four-bedroom detached house in Cheddington within easy reach of both churches.
Enhanced DBS Required