Posted 21 days agoExpires in 7 days
St Andrew’s Community Church family are seeking someone to join us building God’s Kingdom in Dronfield Woodhouse, a large private housing estate with excellent potential for growth and community service. Our vacancy is for a Team Vicar within the Parish of Dronfield with Holmesfield Team ministry with special responsibility for St Andrew’s Community Church.
St Andrew’s is an open evangelical, ecumenical church with Anglican, Methodist and URC members who enjoy a variety of worship styles.
- A healthy, supportive, growing congregation.
- A practical well used church building and good finances
- Good team support from the Parish clergy and lay members.
- Clear, practical Bible teaching.
- Encouraging people in their journey of faith through prayer and study.
- Assisting us to experience the refreshment and equipping renewal of the Holy Sprit.
- Openness to change.
- Enthusiasm for outreach to the local community and support for mission.
- Helping people to grow in confidence and to accept positions of leadership in the church.
- Pastoral care both personally and in supporting of our unpaid lay Pastoral Worker to give a warm welcome to our informal relaxed way of doing things, and with a care for the elderly and the young.
- Collaboration with the D.C.C, the Parish Clergy Team, Churches Together in Dronfield and District and the Methodist Sheffield Circuit.
- Support and develop our ministry amongst children and young people particularly being willing to continue to develop the excellent work done by your predecessor in St Andrew’s school.
- Leading an ecumenical fellowship where members' denominational attachment is largely irrelevant and whose unity in Christ is paramount.
For further details or an informal chat please contact the Revd Peter Bold on 01246 411531 or email email@example.com.
Our prayer is for a vicar who is:
- Spirit led, prayerful, and firmly rooted in God’s Word.
- Will lead and encourage us in our faith though Bible-based preaching.
- Has a clear calling to serve, to teach and to minister in Christ’s love to those in our community.
- Is keen to strengthen relationships with families at the nearby 3 primary schools
- Can inspire the congregation in mission and outreach.
- A confident, strategic and discerning leader.
- A community builder and pastorally sensitive.
- An excellent communicator.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
St Andrew’s Community Church is a well established Local Ecumenical Partnership between the Anglican, Methodist and United Reformed churches. It serves as one church for the Gosforth Valley: a large, well planned private housing development which holds a population of approximately 8,500 people. The Church was initially established in 1971 meeting in people’s homes. A new church building was built in 1973 which is physically connected to St Andrew's Church of England/ Methodist Aided Primary School.