Posted 4 days agoExpires in 28 days
Fixed Term Part Time
Building on our learning from our first cohort of CFMs and responding to the innovative changes across the Diocese of Birmingham through our People and Places Framework we offer an exciting opportunity to oversee and manage our second cohort of CFMs.
In collaboration with the Growing Young Advisor and Director of Parish Mission Support the CFM Project Coordinator will establish and oversee the initiative to agreed targets and milestones. This will include recruitment, liaising with stakeholders over deployment, developing and delivering training, monitoring and evaluation.
6 CFMs will be based 3-4 days a week in a host parish or oversight area with opportunities to support other parishes across our new deaneries for 1-2 days, CFMs will support parishes and oversight areas by envisioning, equipping and supporting volunteers in parishes as they implement their Transforming Church Action Plans.
This is an opportunity for an individual who has experience establishing and managing projects and who thrives in a role which involves collaborating with a variety of people whilst managing multiple priorities. There is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a practicing Christian.
The key responsibilities of this post include:
- Implement and Manage the CFM Programme:
- Working with the Area Deans, Director of Parish Missions support and Growing Younger Advisor:
- Assist with CFM recruitment and deployment to host parishes
- Recruit, train and support host parish
- Implement practical arrangements for CFMs within parishes
- Work with the Director of Parish Mission Support and Growing Younger Advisor to deliver the project on target within the agreed budget
- Training and Support
- Plan and organise the CFM induction programme
- Plan and deliver training and development for CFMs, Supervisors and Local Volunteers
- Provide regular 1:1 support to CFMs and their host parishes
- Liaise regularly with host parish Supervisors encouraging and implementing best practice
- Organise annual reviews and 360 reflections for each CFM and Host Parish
- Communication and relationships
- Create and maintain strong communication between Area Deans, Director of Parish Mission Support, Growing Younger Advisor , CFMs and their Host Parish Supervisors
- Work closely with the wider Parish Mission Support team to ensure that the work of the CFMs is embedded and relates well to the rest of the teams’ work
- Work with the Communications team and PMS Communications Working Group to collect and disseminate positive stories and sharing of progress
- Evaluation and Monitoring
- Work with the Growing Younger Advisor and Programme Manager to monitor the progress of CFM Programme ensuring all reporting deadlines, agreed targets and milestones are achieved
- Record the learning experiences from the scheme
We are looking for someone with a strong Christian faith and a love for God’s Church, who has the following qualities and experience:
- Approachable and adaptable – having experience of working with, and sensitive to, the needs of ethnic and cultural diversity
- Experience of building and leading volunteer teams, with a track record of working collaboratively
- Enthusiasm and commitment to working collaboratively with teams and parishes across Church of England, Birmingham
- An appreciation for, and a commitment to work positively within, the breadth of the Church of England. Experience and understanding of the Church of England would be desirable.
- Experience of developing and providing training, preferably in a church context
- Line Management experience in an employment context
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good planning, networking and organising skills
- A valid driving license and primary access to a vehicle
There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the post holder is a practicing Christian.
CofEB is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where all can be themselves. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and other services to support staff. We particularly invite interest from black and minority ethnic applicants from diverse Christian traditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The role reports to the Growing Younger Advisor
- The role is 21 hours (3 days) per week with a salary of £19,500, funded for a fixed-term of 3 and a half years.
- Holiday of 5 weeks per year, 3 discretionary days and pro-rata bank holidays.
- The employer is the BDBF (Birmingham Diocesan Board of Finance)
Deadline for Applications:
Sunday 15th March 2020
Monday 30th March, 10-4:30, 6-8pm or Saturday 4th April 10-4pm (please state your preference under "Why have you applied for this post?" in the application process)
(To be held in our offices at 1 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 2BJ)