Posted 16 days agoExpires in 21 days
Streatham, Immanuel and St Andrew
We are seeking a Priest in Charge to help lead Immanuel St Andrew through the next chapter of its journey.
We hope as you read through the profile you get a sense of the warmth, informal welcome and a community feel that Immanuel and St Andrew have to offer. We hope that you may prayerfully consider whether God is calling you to take on this key role. It is a challenging role, but we know that, for the right person, it has the potential to be deeply fulfilling. We are certainly excited about what God might have in store for us
Our aim is to help people relate their lives to God and to grow in private faith and public discipleship.
In response to the father’s love for us and for all people we desire
- To know Jesus and to follow his ways
- To help others in our community and beyond to know Him and
- To grow together as disciples living in the power of the holy spirit
For more information about this application process, please use this link
When Church members were asked to think and pray about who God might bring, the following characteristics emerged required for this role:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to set a clear agreed vision
- Strong preaching skills and a thought-provoking inspirational messenger with intellectual rigour but happy to embrace new forms of progressive worship whilst respecting the values of traditional worship
- A strong and infectious unique faith who will develop discipleship and love of prayer working with and encouraging our established prayer ministry
- The ability to nourish our stewardship and deeper understanding of the bible with challenge and rigor especially around giving. Further develop a plan for giving
- A passion to develop our Youth ministry and to grow junior leaders within the church to take on parts of our worship with our young people at key points in the year. Our vicar should be engaging with young families/child friendly throughout services. They should also have firm links with Immanuel & St Andrew C of E school
- The ability to work collaboratively with other churches and make links with other faiths. An understanding of social justice and outreach. That outreach should be extended to visiting those unable to attend church through bereavement, sickness, mental health, depression or other difficult times
- Resilience and willing to seek appropriate support and supervision. The congregation want to help and support our new incumbent
- A drive to develop and encourage our praise, worship and music on Sunday
Immanuel and St Andrew Church is a friendly and inclusive church grounded in our mission to love and support our local community. We are a loyal church with a welcoming congregation that care about each other. As a diverse mix of people, we warmly welcome all, irrespective of age, ethnic, social, family or relationship context. We have our own highly respected, thriving Primary school set in the heart of Streatham. This really helps with engaging families and children from across the parish, and as a church we maintain strong links with the school.