Posted 3 days agoExpires in 7 days
Church Hill Rd, Solihull
£11,600 pa, plus fees from weddings, funerals, teaching and accompanying
A wonderful opportunity has arisen to join this busy town-centre parish church with a thriving choral tradition and a variety of styles of worship. We enjoy a successful musical and a growing Christian outreach programme. We are seeking an Organist / Assistant Director of Music to join our team from April 2020 (or a mutually agreed date to fit with existing commitments).
Indicative hours – 11 hours per week (taking into consideration busier and slacker times of the Church’s year).
- Sunday – 6
- Friday – 2
- Festivals and midweek services – 2 (averaged over year)
- Administration and practice – 1
The role will include:
- Providing accompaniments to regular services at St Alphege on Sundays, at festivals and midweek services
- Providing voluntaries for services
- Rehearsing sections of the choir on a regular basis on Friday evenings
- Occasional conducting of the choir in the absence of the Director of Music or as agreed
- Providing accompaniment to the choir on tours to English cathedrals and abroad
- Providing accompaniments and solo repertoire for CDs and concerts
- Contributing to training of younger choristers for RSCM and ABRSM examinations
- Organising organ recitals for the successful recital programme on the fourth Wednesday of the month
- Working collaboratively with the Director of Music to produce music lists, recitals, outreach concerts and music festivals
- Working with and teaching an Organ Scholar
- Advising on maintenance and development of the organ
The successful candidate will:
- Hold ARCO or equivalent qualification (or be capable of playing to ARCO standard).
- Have experience of working in the English choral tradition.
- Enjoy the opportunity to work with children and adults towards excellence in musical standards
- Be subject to an enhanced DBS check