Posted 7 days agoExpires in 17 days
Holy Trinity Church, 15 avenue Carnot, France
Are you excited at the prospect of working with a diverse, international and multicultural community?
ICS seeks an Evangelical Priest to lead our English-speaking Anglican church in the western suburbs of Paris.
We are a warm and welcoming community with diverse gifts and talents. Our future chaplain will inspire and mobilise us to use them for the growth of our church.
We employ, part-time, a Chaplaincy Assistant and a Youth & Children’s worker. There is a Licensed Lay Minister.
The package includes a full stipend, medical insurance, pension contribution, usual expenses, 4-bedroom house (domestic bills paid) and car.
- To ensure the provision of a high standard of worship and preaching for all ages, including traditional and modern styles of worship;
- To work with the congregation and to help them along their spiritual paths;
- To empower the congregation to fulfil their own individual ministries;
- To provide a clear vision of discipleship, service and mission;
- With the help of the pastoral team, to care for members of the congregation and the community as required.
- To be sensitive to and value the diversity of the congregation, encouraging contributions from different backgrounds in order to enhance the spiritual life of the Church;
- To work with the Chaplaincy Council and congregation to address the opportunities and challenges that our context presents;
- To reinforce and prioritise home groups as a key part of Christian growth, providing support and guidance to home group leaders;
- To call on all members of our church community to take on a more active responsibility in building our community of faith;
- To support, develop and manage the team ministering to children and young people, building on the existing organisation and encourage strategies for the younger generation to maintain the relevance of their faith as they develop;
- To support and manage the office staff team (Chaplaincy Assistant and Youth and Children’s Worker);
- To plan, organise and conduct a programme of teaching themes so that the whole Church community can grow together, mentoring and resourcing those in leadership roles within the church to help in implementing the programme;
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- Be a priest in the Church of England or a church in Communion with it;
- Have completed Initial Ministerial Education;
- Engage in continuing ministerial development;
- Be able to demonstrate the capacity to exercise priestly ministry at incumbent status
Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience and understanding in:
- Providing clear and constructive leadership in a diverse, international and multicultural community;
- Building and enabling a team of leaders;
- Enabling people to develop their talents, and challenging them to take on more responsibility in the life of the church community;
- Relating pastorally to people of all ages;
- Developing fresh ways of bringing people into church
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The Chaplaincy is looking to welcome a new Chaplain who will be:
- A leader with good management and communication skills who can motivate, inspire and mentor teams and individuals;
- Able to provide a vision of discipleship, service and mission, mobilising and encouraging the congregation to reach out to others;
- Able to demonstrate a strong pastoral emphasis, with good people skills;
- Able to speak basic French or show willingness to learn;
- In possession of a full driving licence for chaplaincy visits
For more information about this application process, please use this link