Posted 10 days agoExpires in 28 days
The Parish of St Michael & St Mary Magdalene, Easthampstead
The Bishop of Reading, in consultation with the Rector of Easthampstead wishes to appoint an ASSOCIATE VICAR for our liberal catholic parish which serves over half the town of Bracknell.
KEY ELEMENTS INVOLVE
- leading our church community at St Francis & St Clare, Jennett’s Park
- developing our ministry with young people, children and families across the parish and in our schools
- sharing in ministry across our 3 centres of worship.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PRIEST WHO
- is grounded in the Anglican tradition and energised by our Eucharistic tradition
- can relate to and understand the needs and aspirations of young people
- is welcoming and positive towards people on the edges of church life
- a strong ministry team and supportive colleagues in a busy, exciting parish
- a large number of experienced and enthusiastic lay leaders and volunteers
- a modern 6-bedroom house with study
- outstanding local schools
- a good location close to London, M3, M4, M25 and major airports
The Key Responsibilities are:
St Francis & St Clare, Jennett’s Park
Our Associate Vicar will be the priestly presence within the church, school and community of Jennett’s Park. We are looking for someone to further develop our Sunday congregation of St Francis & St Clare. We are looking for an Associate Vicar who will:
- Nurture faith and grow new disciples within our congregation – we have a number of families who are in the early stages of their faith journey and/or attend infrequently. Our new Associate Vicar will build relationship with those on the fringes of our church community and help them grow in their faith.
- Continue to develop our worship at St Francis & St Clare – our services at Jennett’s Park have oppor-tunities for flexibility and creativity in our worship, whilst remaining largely sacramental. Our new Associate Vicar will continue to develop our worship at St Francis & St Clare.
- Develop lay leadership – we currently rely on a couple of volunteers to plan, prepare, set up and lead our services. Our new Associate Vicar will develop new lay leaders and helpers at St Francis & St Clare.
- The Associate Vicar will be an ex officio governor at Jennett’s Park Primary School and to lead Col-lective Worship weekly.
- Youth, Children and Families Ministry
- At the Parish Church and St Francis and St Clare, the Associate Vicar will have overall responsibility for the successful integration of children, young people and families within our church life so that they can grow in their faith. This will involve maintaining both our existing programmes and devel-oping new initiatives.
- A key function of the Associate Vicar will be to engage positively with around 200 families per year whose contacts with us are framed by baptisms, weddings and school registrations and to work with them to deepen their commitment.
- • Our Parish is reliant on the work of many committed lay volunteers and the Associate Vicar will have a role in developing our new and existing groups and their lay leaders with particular reference to our Children’s, Youth and Family work. The ability to enthuse and support lay leaders is essential.
- We are looking for an Associate Vicar who can continue to build upon our successful ministry with the eight primary schools. We currently have minimal contact with two secondary schools, and there is an opportunity for our new Associate Vicar to develop relationships there.
- We are aware that we currently have a gap in our provision for our tweenagers and teenagers and are looking for an Associate Vicar who help fill this gap; either by extending our current children’s ministry or by starting something new.
Please see Parish Profile and Job Description