The Market Rasen Group of parishes are based in and around an urban market town surrounded by rural, predominately agricultural communities. We are warm co-operative group who are looking for a Rector to accompany us through the next chapter of our spiritual journey.
We are looking to build on the strong foundation created with our previous Rector both in terms of the health of the parishes, community, social engagement, and, in growing the word and warmth of God's love. We are however also excited to welcome a new Rector and open to new challenges and directions, you will find a friendly spirit of co-operation and a willingness continue moving forwards.
Could you be our next Rector?
For an informal conversation about this post please feel free to contact Mr David Hill - firstname.lastname@example.org or 01673 844577.
Closing: Sunday 19th January 2020
Parish Visit: Friday 14th February 2020
Interview: Edward King House, Lincoln, Wednesday 19th February 2020
WE WOULD LIKE THE NEW RECTOR TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES, VALUES, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Build a community spirit.
- To have had a previous career outside the church.
- Have a sense of humour.
- Understand C of E “faculty” planning etc. structures and procedures.
- Be an efficient organiser & “completer/finisher” project manager.
- Be technologically aware and a good communicator.
- Lead dignified Christian worship that is welcoming to all and relevant to those god has placed among us.
- Continue the ongoing spiritual growth in size and maturity of our church congregation and its role in the wider community.
- Develop and encourage lay and ordained ministry.
- Maintain and strengthen existing links with schools and civic society.
- Maintain and improve existing links with other churches in the community.
- In conjunction with the mission team develop technology to make regular worship available to the housebound and those in our care homes broadcast via the internet.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
- A team comprising a 3rd year curate, 1 Authorised Lay Minister, currently 1 (soon to be 2) Clergy with Permission to Officiate,
- A community of active and enthusiastic lay people who are sympathetic to being led to increase the church’s status within the community.
- A building being reordered to provide a more welcoming and comfortable environment for worship together with technology that will allow us to make a variety of services available to those both near and far who may be unable to attend.
- An opportunity to build on our existing work with children’s groups and schools, in order that the church can grow by increasing our engagement with busy families.
- A stable pattern of worship that has the potential for some new ideas.
To find out more about us please follow the links below
St Thomas Church Market website
St Thomas Church Market Rasen facebook page
Lincoln Diocese Website