Posted 6 days agoExpires in 5 days
The Technology Team is undergoing a transformation.
The Technology function serves over 700 staff in the National Church Institutions (NCIs) and co-located bodies and aims to adopt common solutions where practical. Technology provides a broad range of customer focused IT services such as technical architecture and support, networks, change management, business analysis, project management, systems administration and applications hosting requiring a range of sophisticated and innovative skills.
Technology executes a mixture of on-premise, Cloud and 3rd party sourced Technology services, within a hybrid/modern infrastructure that utilises some of the latest technologies.
This is a unique opportunity for a skilled and professional Service Desk Analyst, to provide both remote and on-site technical support to 600 network users across 3 sites and remote locations.
You will own requests and incidents reported to the IT service desk and provide insight, trends and feedback to IT colleagues on incidents. You will ensure the effective delivery and provision of first and second line technical support and that resolutions and incidents are logged, triaged, assigned correctly, responded to and resolved within service level agreements and with minimum disruption to users. You will also ensure that effective relationships are developed and maintained with third party providers.
To be successful, you will need the IT knowledge to resolve first and second line technical queries and significant experience in an IT Support role, providing customer focused service desk support. Together with experience of using Microsoft System Centre Console Manager (SCCM) or other systems management solutions, you will have demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft products, RDP (remote desktop), VCloud, server platforms and Microsoft 0365 Administration and support, Windows 10
With a proactive and tenacious approach to finding and delivering the correct solutions, you will be passionate about getting things right first time and committed to exceeding the expectations of customers.
In return we offer a unique environment with opportunities for continuous learning, generous annual leave for work life balance, season ticket loans and a range of benefits including discounted entry to attractions and what we feel is a market leading package when it comes to our pension scheme.
- Operate as the first point of contact for NCls users to investigate and resolve 1st / 2nd line technical incidents to agreed service levels and to provide technical advice and support
- Actively own, manage, monitor, troubleshoot and resolve queries and incidents reported to the service desk and prioritise, resolve or correctly refer to the relevant IT support teams
- Resolve incidents with hardware, software, connection, printers and file permissions and where appropriate triage these to the 3rd Line Service Desk Analyst/Service Delivery Manager
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for resolving technical issues with Telephone, mobile phones
- and Multifunctional printing devices and work closely with office service colleagues to ensure a joined up service
- Resolve 1st line support incidents within 10 minutes and 2nd line support incidents within 20 minutes and contribute to keeping knowledge bases up to date with lessons learned
- Undertake daily system checks on the IT infrastructure's fitness for purpose, resolve issues and report critical incidents or concerns to the Service Delivery Manager
- Organise own work and constantly analyse incidents and monitor service and systems using the
- various reporting tools in place, resolve where appropriate, spot trends and underlying issues and notify the Service Delivery Manager
- Undertake starters and leavers technical configurations to ensure that only authorised users are provided with access to NCls IT systems, that log ins are provided within SLA, leavers are
- deleted in a timely fashion and that all AD and 0365 attributes are configured and correctly,
- Ensure all investigations and solutions consider security such as malware and viruses and that security incidents are resolved immediately to constantly mitigate risks to the live system
- Administer the service desk self-service portal and design, develop and provide regular performance reports for disparate audiences and the monthly IT performance report
- Provide a high level of customer service via direct phone and email support, including remote support and ensure service level agreements are consistently met
- Ability to work unsupervised and to work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Significant troubleshooting expertise and structured problem-solving skills
- Able to support new and emerging line of business applications and IT solutions
- Sound IT knowledge to resolve 1st and 2nd line technical queries that come into the service desk
- Significant experience in an IT Support role providing customer focused service desk support and
- Experience of resolving incidents in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Significant experience in applying a structured trouble shooting approach to investigating and resolving incidents
- Experience in problem solving issues effectively and identifying ways to mitigate future repeated incidents
- Experience in prioritising own workload and working under pressure and to deadlines
- Extensive experience in using Microsoft System Centre Console Manager (SCCM) or other systems management solutions
- Demonstrable experience in liaising with and between technical and non-technical staff and 3rd party service providers
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft products, RDP (remote desktop), VCloud, server platforms and Microsoft 0365 Administration and support, Windows 10
- Experience of Supporting Office 365 Services
- ITIL Foundation or equivalent
- A+ and N+ or equivalent
- Microsoft System Center Suite
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Proactive and tenacious in seeking and delivering the correct solutions in a timely fashion
- Passionate about getting things right first time
- A sense of urgency and commitment to completion of work, attention to detail, quality and confidentiality
- Committed to continuing professional development and identify means to update key knowledge
The role is based in Westminster and requires working at Lambeth Palace or Bermondsey and occasional travel to Supported Housing locations across the Country
- Industry standard qualifications in IT service provision
- Microsoft Certified Specialist Engineer
We in the National Church Institutions support the mission and ministries of the Church all over England. We work with parishes, dioceses (regional offices), schools, other ministries and our partners at a national and international level.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
We follow these three values in everything we do, whether we are of Christian faith, another faith or no faith. To learn more about working for National Church Institutions and our benefits, please click here
As we are a member of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome all applications from those you have served in our Armed Forces and their families
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from people, regardless of their background. As a Disability Confident committed employer, it is important to note that there may be occasions where it is not practical or appropriate to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria* due to high volume. We limit the amount of interviews conducted to five applicants per open post we advertise.
*Where applicable depending on post requirements.