Team Vicar, All Saints' Church, in the Putney Team Ministry
All Saints' is a church in South West London which is full of faith, strong in numbers, welcoming in spirit and is keen to grow and go further on its journey with God.
In addition to the leading of All Saints’ church, the Team Vicar will have a
Parish wide role. This role stems from our awareness that we have the privilege, responsibility and joy of strong links to our schools and the families that are
part of them. We have a high number of young families whose children join church schools, and also access the life and worship of our two churches.
To arrange an informal conversation with the Revd John Whittaker, Team Rector, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to speak with the archdeacon, the Venerable John Kiddle, please email his PA, Romana Nelson at email@example.com, to arrange a time.
An exciting role, working with clergy colleagues and with lead responsiblity for a strong and confident church, ready to be led into the next challenges God calls us to.
We are looking for a priest who will:
• Work alongside the Team Rector, who leads St Mary’s, and collaboratively with the congregation of All Saints in discerning God’s leading for the next chapter of its life.
• Have the experience and vision to engage creatively with children and young families, nurturing them in their faith and building on the excellent links with All Saints Primary School.
• Bring an ability to challenge and encourage young and old, partnered or single, established or new at All Saints’ in their own journey of life and faith.
• Preach and teach with intelligence and spiritual challenge; developing discipleship with humour, a lightness of touch, and reflecting liberal and inclusive values.
• Exercise skilful pastoral care, with the depth of wisdom to see beneath an ‘everything is ok’ veneer.
• Have an informed appreciation of church music, able to help us explore further its role in worship, working closely with the musical director.
• Bring their own unique gifts, skills and experiences which will help us see things differently and embrace new challenges and grasp fresh opportunities.
• Be a person rooted in prayer and the Christian faith, enjoy living in Putney, embrace the local communities and love us as we commit ourselves to support, work with and love our priest.
• Be an excellent time manager, balancing the spiritual with the social, in this busy and varied parish.
The ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the competences to provide strong leadership to this church rooted in the Putney community and energised by liberal catholic theorlogy and inclusive values; the chemistry to connect and work well with the laity and clergy of the Putney Parish; and the calling of God to live out your vacations in this part of SW15.
We primarily worship within the Catholic Anglican tradition where we do things well, without being fussy or obsessive. The Eucharist is central to our services. Our theology is most strongly influenced by the liberal,incarnational traditions of inclusiveness, openness,
provisionality and good quality biblical teaching.
As part of the Parish of Putney, we belong to the Inclusive church network whose vision is:
‘We believe in inclusive church - a church which celebrates and affirms every person and does not discriminate. We will continue to challenge the church where it continues to discriminate against people on grounds of disability, economic power, ethnicity, gender,
gender identity, learning disability, mental health, neurodiversity, or sexuality. We believe in a church which welcomes and serves all people in the name of Jesus Christ; which is scripturally faithful; which seeks to proclaim the Gospel afresh for each generation; and which, in the power of the Holy Spirit, allows all people to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Jesus Christ.’