Posted 13 days agoExpires in 5 days
£44,298 rising to £49,113 after probation
The Technology Team is undergoing a transformation.
The Technology function serves over 700 staff in the National Church Institutions (NCIs) and co-located bodies and aims to adopt common solutions where practical. Technology provides a broad range of customer focused IT services such as technical architecture and support, networks, change management, business analysis, project management, systems administration and applications hosting requiring a range of sophisticated and innovative skills.
Technology executes a mixture of on-premise, Cloud and 3rd party sourced Technology services, within a hybrid/modern infrastructure that utilises some of the latest technologies.
As Application and Change Manager, you will work with the National Church Institutions’ (NCIs) departments, projects and other IT colleagues to provide business systems application support using analysis with a consultative approach.
Acting as the primary technology partner (liaison) between the organisational application support units and technology to gather requirements, you will develop business cases and submit change requirements. You will also carry out Business Impact Analysis on system changes (updates, migrations etc), owning the change process to completion.
In partnership with the business unit, you will create test scripts and business readiness and implementation plans, influencing business areas to become more efficient by utilising technology and providing operational support during the change process. You will also provide support to the wider technology function, Deputy Director of Technology, Business Analysts, Project Manager and other IT colleagues.
To be successful, you will need experience of using a wide range of IT systems and of providing consultancy and support. Experienced and/or qualified in the areas of Business Analysis, change and project/product management, you will be confident in using business process improvement techniques. With excellent communication and team working skills, you will be committed to delivering a high level of customer service and engaging positively and effectively with colleagues.
In return we offer a unique environment with opportunities for continuous learning, generous annual leave for work life balance, season ticket loans and a range of benefits including discounted entry to attractions and what we feel is a market leading package when it comes to our pension scheme.
- Work with departments to support and guide them through the required steps to implement change for existing applications and during project work. Help them to articulate their requirements and how change will affect their users on a day-to-day basis
- Establish and manage communication channels within and among departments to ensure that Change is known and risked is minimised
- Partner with departments to ensure that line of business applications are running in an optimal manner and that change requirements are understood, documented and approved as part of a the change process prior to commencing change
- Conduct application analysis, and where possible, eliminate those applications which share functionality across the application portfolio
- Help business areas to create their user acceptance scripts and manage the testing process, including liaison with internal and external parties responsible for resolving faults.
- Lead the change process to imbed best practice requirements onboarding and requirements fulfilment procedures.
- Oversee contracted Business Analyst and Business Process Analyst resources brought in by the business to fulfil their projects.
- Assisting users in being trained to use the new systems and that business processes and working practices are adjusted accordingly to take on systems that will drive tangible business benefits
- Ensure business and system readiness activities are planned and lead the transition of the project deliverables to business as usual
- Ensure there is sufficient helpdesk handover and competent IT support available for new systems to move to a ‘production’ supported product.
- Liaise with the owners of the relevant plans for training, communications and stakeholder management to ensure that projects and change requirements remain fully linked to and part of the overall process for change management across NCIs
- Write, refine and update project benefits profiles and undertake regular reviews with managers to assess the benefits and disadvantages arising in the course of projects
- Provide a focus on IT security to ensure new systems comply with data handling, data protection and user acceptable use policies
- Provide operations and project support to the Head of Change and Business Integration, the Project Manager and the change operating model
- Ability to effectively problem solve in a logical and structured manner
- Strong report writing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to explain technical issues clearly and simply to a non-technical audience
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally
- Experience of using a wide range of IT systems and of providing consultancy and support.
- Experience in using Business Process improvement techniques.
- Experience of working in a mature agile environment and of implementing agile ways of working.
- Highly experienced in use of intensive systems research and analysis techniques.
- Detailed understanding of the impact of change, the interdependencies and impact on the business
- Significant experience in conducting impact assessments for IT change requests and making suitable recommendations
- Developing test scripts and managing user acceptance tests including fault resolutions
- Experience in helping staff and departments to use IT solutions
- Experience of Benefits and Quality management techniques
- Business Analyst qualification or demonstrable on the job experience
- Change Management qualification or demonstrable on the job experience
- Project/Product management experience in delivering technology initiatives
- Team player with good interpersonal skills to influence positive outcomes
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Attention to detail, including tolerance and the ability to handle detail, analyse, understand and produce detailed information accurately
- A sense of urgency and commitment to completion of work, attention to detail, quality and confidentiality
- Committed to continuing professional development and identifying means to update key knowledge
The role is based in Westminster and requires working at Lambeth Palace or Bermondsey and occasional travel to Supported Housing locations across the Country
- Systems Analysis qualification
- Able to lead by example, engender trust and demonstrate personal gravitas and credibility
- A good understanding of ITIL framework
- Experience of managing requirements end to end using Team Foundation Server or a similar product.
- Supporting staff to use Microsoft CRM Dynamics, SharePoint and Office 365
- MS Office (MS Project and Visio)
- Creating and providing presentations for learning sessions
We in the National Church Institutions support the mission and ministries of the Church all over England. We work with parishes, dioceses (regional offices), schools, other ministries and our partners at a national and international level.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
We follow these three values in everything we do, whether we are of Christian faith, another faith or no faith. To learn more about working for National Church Institutions and our benefits, please click here
As we are a member of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome all applications from those you have served in our Armed Forces and their families
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from people, regardless of their background. As a Disability Confident committed employer, it is important to note that there may be occasions where it is not practical or appropriate to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria* due to high volume. We limit the amount of interviews conducted to five applicants per open post we advertise.
*Where applicable depending on post requirements.