Posted 12 days agoExpires in 8 days
£44,298 rising to £49,113 after probation
As Senior Content Producer, you will work closely with the Head of Digital and the wider Digital Team to develop our strategic approach to original, compelling video, graphic or animated content.
You will be joining an award-winning Digital Team that has led on transforming the Church’s national websites that now receive 45 million page views per year and part of the this role is continuing to provide professional content for these platforms. You will also lead on creating content for integrated campaigns at Christmas, Lent and other key periods that engage millions; along with helping to provide digital resources that enable thousands of churches to get the most from the web and social media.
You will be at the heart ofmajor campaigns such as Lent, Advent and Christmas and responsible for leading the creative approach to showcase the Church of England’s digital evangelism, discipleship and communications strategies, to ultimately drive spiritual and numerical growth.
With proven ability and significant previous successful experience producing creative materials (film, animated or graphics), you will deliver compelling creative content using industry standard tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud.
Using your experience of working successfully with stakeholders, you will be comfortable working on multi-channel campaigns in collaboration with a range of stakeholders and suppliers and you will be confident promoting the Church of England and faith in Jesus Christ in the digital public square.
Recent national campaigns developed include #FollowTheStar, LentPilgrim and the #FaithAndMentalHealth reflections.
The Digital Team is responsible for the Church’s national Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. The role holder’s creative output will be used on these accounts.
Find out more about the work of the team over the last three years.
Interviews will be held on the 4th December 2019
In return we offer a unique environment with opportunities for continuous learning, generous annual leave for work life balance, season ticket loans and a range of benefits including discounted entry to attractions and what we feel is a market leading package when it comes to our pension scheme.
- With the Digital team, you will be responsible for shaping and implementing the 2020-22 digital strategy in support of the mission of the Church of England.
- Create original and compelling audio, film, graphics and animations for our social media channels and websites to bring our campaigns and priorities to life.
- Have ownership of the creative brand standards, working with teams across the Church of England
- Generate ideas and solutions that are innovative, compelling and have a measurable impact.
- Oversee the work of the Content Producer, ensuring the individual remains highly motivated and focuses on priorities. In addition, jointly line managing the new Audio Producer, who will work in both the Digital and Church House Publishing teams on our strategic approach to voice.
- Work as a digital evangeliser implementing new and innovative ways to promote the gospel in a creative way.
- Manage and lead projects to develop creative content, with responsibility for scoping, managing internal and external stakeholders (including agencies and contractors) and delivery.
- Play a key role in the successful development and deployment of the new multi-year, multi-phase Church of England website.
- Build user capability, confidence and understanding of the use of graphics, audio, films and animations (in the team, NCIs and across the Dioceses) to achieve communications outcomes.
- Support the NCIs in ensuring their work and service is professionally and effectively communicated across the internet, from the main website and sub-sites through to third party websites.
- Work with the media team to ensure video, graphic and audio content is used effectively to manage our key messaging, enhance our reputation and to respond quickly and decisively to counter any inaccurate or potentially damaging comments.
- Keep up to date with current creative trends and developments and ensure we remain timely and current in our use of digital and social media. Network proactively with external organisations, forums and stakeholders.
- Use analytics and other insights to evaluate the effectiveness of creative materials produced.
Staff Management and Supervision
- At time of advertising you will manage two members of the team. You will also be required to manage external agencies and contractors from time-to-time.
- Proven ability and previous successful experience producing creative materials (film,animated or graphics)
- Able to deliver compelling creative content using industry standard tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Build and create standards for video,audio and graphics production, to be used across the organisation
- Strong project management and organisation skills
- Overseeing large project budgets at key moments such as Advent and Christmas
- An awareness and understanding of Christian evangelism
- A strong track record in delivering large, complex creative solutions
- A successful record in using creative media to grow social and digital channels
- Experience of working with stakeholders to translate a broad range of aims and objectives into an effective creative campaign
- A strong track record in generating engaging content for a range of digital channels and media
- Experience of planning digital marketing campaigns utilising the full range of techniques and measurement available to ensure maximum return on investment (ROI) for the organisation
- Experience of working on multi-channel campaigns in collaboration with a range of stakeholders and suppliers, where necessary, to deliver optimum experience and results
- Experience of working with content management systems
- Work with high profile individuals.
- Comfortable and confident promoting the Church of England and faith in Jesus Christ in the digital public square
- Build consensus and positive relationships within and across teams
- A desire to bring more people to faith in Jesus Christ and deepen people’s faith
- Able to travel within England and film as well as attend meetings away from London.
- Gain confidence and trust of senior internal stakeholders through professionalism
- Build strong working relationships with external audiences
- To be a practising Christian, either long-standing or a more recent commitment to faith
- Previous line management of freelancers and/or internal teams.
We in the National Church Institutions support the mission and ministries of the Church all over England. We work with parishes, dioceses (regional offices), schools, other ministries and our partners at a national and international level.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
We follow these three values in everything we do, whether we are of Christian faith, another faith or no faith. To learn more about working for National Church Institutions and our benefits, please click here
As we are a member of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome all applications from those you have served in our Armed Forces and their families
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from people, regardless of their background. As a Disability Confident committed employer, it is important to note that there may be occasions where it is not practical or appropriate to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria* due to high volume. We limit the amount of interviews conducted to five applicants per open post we advertise.
*Where applicable depending on post requirements.