Posted 18 days agoExpires in 5 days
Fixed Term Full Time
£30,909 p.a. rising to £33,452 p.a. after probation
The Church of England Pensions Board provides retirement services set by the Church of England for those who have served or worked for the Church. The Pensions Board is a charity within which the Housing department provides retirement accommodation and services, but we are not a registered social housing provider, and do not operate as one. The Board’s vision is to deliver a professional high quality and efficient service to our customers, respecting their needs and the needs of those who provide us with the money to do this.
We are looking for two individuals with a business services background, who can adopt a proactive, enthusiastic and innovative approach to business support.
To thrive in this role, you will need to be experienced at problem solving, master data management and evidence a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. You will have the ability to work within different IT systems including SAP whilst working in a moving/changing environment.
You will be able to prepare and deliver reporting requirements across the business. An experienced communicator, who will need to cultivate effective working relationships with internal/external business partners, staff and managers at all levels
This is a unique opportunity to join us at an exciting period of change, the ideal candidate will bring a positive energy and can-do attitude to the role and the business services team.
This is a fixed term contract expected to last for 15 months.
First stage interviews will be held on Tuesday 5th November 2019. If successful at the first stage you will be invited to attend a second interview on Tuesday 12 November 2019.
In return we offer a unique environment with opportunities for continuous learning, generous annual leave for work life balance, season ticket loans and a range of benefits including discounted entry to attractions and what we feel is a market leading package when it comes to our pension scheme.
This post is to provide business support across systems and data management.
This role requires the post-holder to query, retrieve, analyse and present data in accordance with the requirements of the business. The post holder will be an integral part of the Business Services team and will ensure systems and data are clean and clear, to support the Business Services Manager and other team members as well as our external partners responding to enquiries and data requests. In addition, to support staff in the Housing department and the supported housing schemes with processing of payments and data reconciliation together with a range of administrative duties.
- Use departmental tools and resources (including, SAP, Microsoft Access & Excel) to query and retrieve data stored in corporate information systems and databases, and to analyse and present this data in various formats for the use of other departmental units and officers
- To ensure that data held in SAP is complete, accurate and reliable through regular assessment of data using analysis and cleansing where necessary. To ensure that the Housing team are clear about process and data management
- Data management and entry for key information relating to insurance and property values, maintaining the database required to provide management reporting information
- To manage key reporting for Stakeholders, in line with Legal Agreements and contracts. Ensure data entry meets agreed conditions, review and interrogate within agreed timescales
- Support the Business Services Manager and Business Compliance Manager in producing, managing and monitoring key data and tasks relating to the financial restructuring and loan agreements
- Check and quality assure the work of colleagues to maximise the level of team output in terms of quality, accuracy, reliability and influence
- To support the Business Service Manager with management of data and communication requirements with customers and stakeholders
- Develop methods of supporting staff to ensure a consistent approach to data entry across all sections in key activities
- Work in close liaison with the Business Services Manager, Financial Accountant and SAP Support Team to develop SAP across all platforms to ensure the ongoing testing and continued development of SAP
- Participate in patch testing in SAP and UAT for systems as required
- To ensure that scanned documentation for agreement reporting purposes is accurate and properly scanned to deliver with reports
- To support staff in developing systems to produce data to further enhance the analysis of current business and to support business planning opportunities
- To provide SAP guidance to all staff in all areas
- Provide specialist expertise in MS Word & Excel to assist staff in the Housing department in a ‘troubleshooting’ role
- To become familiar with other internal data systems within the Housing Department, including UPM, SAP BI etc…
- Responsible for identifying requirements for improvements and ensuring the necessary changes are made to policies and procedures
- Support the Business Services Manager in transition from paper to electronic post, documenting process and working with external partners to agree changes and new structure as we move towards electronic document management
- Manage incoming electronic post through mailbox and downloads, ensuring that post is delivered to the Housing team in a timely manner
- Manage travel arrangements, requested lunches and stationery requests
- Raising Purchase and Framework Orders for the Business Services Team, ensuring payments are made within the Payment Parameters stated. Liaising with accounts team to produce uploads and manage annual rent requirements for property
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Business Manager
- Provide a range of cross-departmental support functions that assist departmental efficiency and aid relationships with other sections of the department
- Responsible along with other team members for ensuring continuation of service in the absence of other staff
Proven Ability Knowledge and Experience:
- Use of bespoke IT systems, and able to demonstrate the ability to extract and interrogate data and embrace new technology.
- Intermediate levels and proven ability & skills in converting data from one format to another.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyse, significant amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate IT skills within a range of data compiling processes.
- Organised, logical and have a structured approach to work
- Ability to share and explain information with others and help them to develop their knowledge
- Represents the organisation positively and professionally
- Effective at building relationships across a range of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills to work effectively with business partners and stakeholders
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Creative and innovative thinking with the ability to develop new systems, procedures and solutions
- Good numeracy and grammar
- Good general education with either studies to ‘A’ level standard, an appropriate qualification or several years experience
- The ability to produce clean and clear data
- The ability to use common computer and information systems, e.g. email, word processing and spreadsheets
- Committed to the principles of equality and diversity
- Ability to challenge inappropriate behaviour that is contrary to the organisation’s values.
- Experience of building effective partnerships
- Strong attention to detail in the presentation and course of work and outcomes
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and orally so as to successfully engage with colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to work as part of team and work flexibly to meet demands of the role
- A self-starter who takes responsibility for own learning and development
- The ability to work calmly and effectively when under pressure.
- Previous experience of working in a housing or charity setting.
We in the National Church Institutions support the mission and ministries of the Church all over England. We work with parishes, dioceses (regional offices), schools, other ministries and our partners at a national and international level.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
We follow these three values in everything we do, whether we are of Christian faith, another faith or no faith. To learn more about working for National Church Institutions and our benefits, please click here
As we are a member of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome all applications from those you have served in our Armed Forces and their families
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from people, regardless of their background. As a Disability Confident committed employer, it is important to note that there may be occasions where it is not practical or appropriate to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria* due to high volume. We limit the amount of interviews conducted to five applicants per open post we advertise.
*Where applicable depending on post requirements.