Posted 24 days agoExpires in 2 days
Fixed Term Full Time
Calling Young Disciples is a major project in the Diocese of Worcester's Kingdom People Vision. Are you the new visionary person we are looking to join our team?
- Would you enjoy helping churches to be better equipped to share the love of Jesus with children, young people and their families?
- Do you thrive when supporting people and communities to imagine new ways of doing things and create lasting change?
- Are you confident working with local schools, building links and facilitating shared community outreach?
- In order to do this you will engage intensively in one parish or local group for around a year. Then, within the duration of the project, provide that parish or group with a lower level of ongoing consultancy, support and advice whilst based in the next host setting.
In each host setting you will be required to:
- Build up the capacity, confidence, commitment and skill of local church members in engaging with children and young people;
- Model good practice, and teach by doing, in the early stages as necessary;
- Share relevant good practice from elsewhere, and enable the discernment of models appropriate to each context;
- A firm what is good in current practice, and help enable growth in quality, quantity and diversity of ministry with C&YP as appropriate;
- Enable changes in church culture and practice so that services are more family friendly, appropriate new forms of worship are introduced, and children, young people and their families come to faith and grow in discipleship;
- Help the host church(es) develop and implement an ongoing strategy for evangelism and outreach among children, young people and their families;
- Help expand links and networks with schools, local services and agencies working with C&YP;
- Always be working towards leaving each host setting in a position where significant change has been consolidated, and will be sustainable without your focused input.
You will be:
- A practising Christian, lay or ordained, and an active communicant member in good standing within the Church of England or of a Church which is in Communion with the Church of England, or a Church that is a member of the Churches Together in Britain and Ireland, Churches Together in England or the Evangelical Alliance
- An able and inspiring leader and facilitator of change
- Fully committed to the Kingdom People process and vision
- Able to articulate an understanding of why mission and evangelism among C&YP is important
- Able to inspire, encourage and have credibility with church members and clergy
- Deeply committed to the principles of collaborative ministry and able to work happily in a team
- Willing and able to relate to and value all traditions in the Church of England, although they will not necessarily work directly with the whole range
- A person of commitment who is able to maintain a good work/life balance
- Appreciative of the voluntary and vocational nature of those who engage in the Church’s mission
- Prepared and willing to work outside normal office hours, including evenings and weekends as necessary
- Expected to participate fully in the worshipping life of the host church or churches with which they are linked at any time. This will normally involve being present for at least one service three Sundays in four.
We are a team of 6 Mission Enablers. This exciting and innovative team which was established just over 2 years ago is beginning to see the results of its