Inclusive and welcoming church with a 'central' tradition, set within a mainly residential parish in the London Borough of Bromley
St Mark's is a mainly residential parish close to Bromley South station, but in the last few months a substantial development with a hotel, cinema, 9 restaurants and a number of new apartments has opened directly opposite.
The church is committed to working alongside the local community. The building is open every day and attracts a number of visitors, and the hall is used extensively.
Worship tradition is 'central', with sung Eucharist supported by a large choir and attended by over 100 adults and children.
Further details can be obtained by downloading the Parish Profile or checking out their website: www.stmarksbromley.co.uk
* A strong leader who wants to work collaboratively;
* Values our existing ministries and worship pattern, but is not afraid to try new concepts;
* Relates easily to everyone, whatever their age, background, race and gender;
* Will maintain and enhance our strong links with St Mark's CE Primary School;
* Shares our sense that there is a lot more that God is calling us to be and to do, and is excited to be a part of this.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
St Mark's has an enthusiastic and experienced Ministry Team to help you (including a curate who is nearing the end of her curacy), and you can expect strong lay involvement at all levels.
Closing date: Wednesday 11th September 2019
Interviews will be held on Thursday 3rd October