Posted 10 days agoExpires in 4 days
£45,000 p.a. - £50,000 p.a.
The IT Department has undergone a radical transformation. IT now executes a mixture of on-premise, Cloud and 3rd party sourced IT services, in a an entirely new and modern IT infrastructure that utilises the latest technologies. The IT function serves 600 staff in NCIs and NCIs co-located bodies and aims to adopt common solutions across NCIs where practical. IT provides a broad range of customer focused IT services such as technical architecture and support, networks, change management, business analysis, project management, Training, Procurement, systems administration and applications hosting requiring sophisticated and innovative skills.
As Infrastructure Engineer, you will lead on the design, build and ongoing support of Microsoft Exchange and O365, Hybrid Cloud with Azure/Hyper-V, Linux Web Hosting and solutions for applications, databases, desktops, cloud services and a largely Microsoft based platform, within agreed service levels and quality standards, and with minimal disruption to users.
You will work with other IT and business colleagues and 3rd parties on IT projects, change requests and other initiatives and provide informed technical advice to the National Church Institutions' employees and all IT users.
The role is based in Westminster and requires working at Lambeth Palace or Bermondsey and occasional travel to Supported Housing locations across the Country.
In return we offer a unique environment with opportunities for continuous learning, generous annual leave for work life balance, season ticket loans and a range of benefits including discounted entry to attractions and what we feel is a market leading package when it comes to our pension scheme.
- Lead Microsoft Exchange and O365 administration, Hyper-V and Azure Hybrid Cloud administration and take responsibility for the more advanced support and solutions deployment
- Operate as technical advisor to 1st and 2nd line service desk analysts and support technical projects, maintenance and other change and operational activities in your areas of expertise
- Organise own workload and ensure agreed quality standards, service levels and project and change timescales are met and with minimal disruption to users
- Contribute technical advice and support to impact assessments and solutions for service, change and new requirement requests and ensure compliance with change control practices
- Write technical HLDs/LLDs, work instructions and user documentation and present technical options and guidance clearly and concisely in technical and non-technical documents tailored to audience
- Build and maintain successful relationships with key contacts in departments and 3rd parties to ensure departments needs are met, their requirements are taken on board and incidents are resolved effectively, cohesively and in a timely fashion
- Conduct daily checks and constantly monitor systems, analyse trends and take remedial action as appropriate and in conjunction with Heads of Technical Architecture
- Ensure all investigations and solutions consider security such as malware and viruses and that security incidents are resolved immediately to constantly mitigate risks to the live system
- Undertake technical projects as required by the Head of Technical Architecture
- Ability to work unsupervised and to work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Significant troubleshooting expertise and structured problem-solving skills
- Able to use a range of reporting tools Business Objects, Power BI, MS SQL, Crystal Reports to provide management information reports
- Able to support new and emerging line of business applications and IT solutions
- Strong and demonstrable experience in supporting Microsoft O365 to an advanced level, VMware, Microsoft technologies, RDP, HPE 3par SAN, other SAN and server software and hardware, databases, applications, desktops, telephony, web hosting (Linux and Windows)
- In depth knowledge and experience of working on or with a service desk day to day, providing advanced technical support
- High level of technical knowledge to address a broad range of IT incidents and assist IT colleagues with troubleshooting, technical issues and NCIs staff with technical queries
- Experience in problem solving issues effectively, identifying ways to mitigate future repeated incidents and working with other IT colleagues to provide resolutions
- Experience in prioritising own workload and working under pressure and to deadlines
- Significant experience in working successfully internally and externally with IT users, senior managers and 3rd party IT suppliers and service providers
- Liaising with and between technical and non-technical staff and 3rd parties
- Significant experience in mitigating security incidents caused by malware, viruses and non-compliance with network security policies
- ITIL Foundation
- A+ and N+ or equivalent
- Microsoft Certified Specialist Engineer
- Enabling and Managing Office 365 Services
- Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack
- Microsoft System Center Suite
- Linux Fundamentals
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service and getting things right first time
- A sense of urgency and passion to complete work and attention to detail, quality and confidentiality
- Committed to continuing professional development and updating key knowledge
The role is based in Westminster and requires working at Lambeth Palace or Bermondsey and occasional travel to Supported Housing locations across the Country
- Remote Desktop Services under 2012 R2 and 2016
- Microsoft CRM Dynamics and SharePoint
- Microsoft Technologies
We in the National Church Institutions support the mission and ministries of the Church all over England. We work with parishes, dioceses (regional offices), schools, other ministries and our partners at a national and international level.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
We follow these three values in everything we do, whether we are of Christian faith, another faith or no faith. To learn more about working for National Church Institutions and our benefits, please click here
As we are a member of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome all applications from those you have served in our Armed Forces and their families
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from people, regardless of their background. As a Disability Confident committed employer, it is important to note that there may be occasions where it is not practical or appropriate to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria* due to high volume. We limit the amount of interviews conducted to five applicants per open post we advertise.
*Where applicable depending on post requirements.