Posted 7 days agoExpires in 4 days
Cathedral and Abbey Church of St Alban, Sumpter Yard, St Albans
Fixed Term Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Cathedral Marketing Team at a time of significant change and development. The Cathedral is delivering its £7m, Lottery funded project, Alban, Britain’s First Saint:
Telling the Whole Story (ABFS), which reveals the importance of Alban, and fills a major gap in our national awareness of the origins and evolution of Christian Britain.
The Marketing Executive role is a Lottery funded position. He/she will work with a wide range of departments at the Cathedral, promoting ABFS and its activities, attracting new visitors and raising the Cathedral’s profile nationally and internationally. Third party relationships are also key, working with organisations, the media, event organisers and suppliers on a regular basis.
Key responsibilities are:
- Working with the head of marketing to devise and deliver cross-channel marketing campaigns for ABFS target audiences and to promote all activities in the Lottery funded Activity Plan.
- To ensure that targets for audiences as set out in the Activity Plan are being monitored and met.
- Development, maintenance and analysis of the Cathedral website, using Google Analytics.
- Planning, implementing and analysing marketing campaigns across Cathedral social media channels.
- Devising and reporting on Google Adword campaigns to promote ABFS, the Cathedral and the events it hosts.
- Developing and executing paid social media advertising and campaigns.
- Developing, distributing and evaluating print and digital mailings throughout the year.
- Researching and implementing promotional opportunities for the Cathedral through distribution of marketing materials to new venues, cross promotional partnerships and identifying blogs, forums and listings sites.
- Overseeing the development of film and photography to showcase the Cathedral and its activities.
- Assisting in the development of consistent Cathedral branding, effectively communicating key messages and ensuring that style guidelines are rigorously adhered to by Cathedral staff and external partners.
- Producing promotion materials (print / digital) to publicise Cathedral events.
- Writing press releases and circulating releases to media.
- Planning and attending tourism and promotion events on behalf of the Cathedral.
- Deputising for Head of Marketing as required.
- Supporting events as required
To fulfil the responsibilities of the post, the Cathedral is looking to appoint someone who ideally:
- Has marketing experience in a relevant background;
- Educated to A Level or equivalent;
- Has a proven track record managing websites and delivering successful social media campaigns;
- Understands how to work with the media and secure coverage;
- Has an interest in tourism;
- Has a passion for what they do and for the mission of the Cathedral;
- Can think creatively and generate fresh ideas;
- Is well-organised and able to prioritise and multitask;
- Is prepared to use their initiative to take responsibility for and to progress projects;
- Likes working in a team and understands the importance of building good working relationships with colleagues and third parties;
- Has excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Has a high level of computer literacy; design skills are desirable but not essential;
- Has a professional approach and is prepared to be an ambassador for the Cathedral.
The following skills and experience would also be desirable:
- Is familiar with Google Analytics and Google Adwords;
- Has knowledge of email marketing;
- Has knowledge of InDesign.
- We are committed to diversity and equal opportunities and we support our staff to manage their time flexibly and to enjoy a good work/life balance.
About the Cathedral
St Albans Cathedral is the number one tourist destination in St Albans and attracts approximately 200,000 visitors per year from the UK and abroad. It hosts hundreds of events and services throughout the year.
It is the mother church of the Diocese of St Albans which serves the people of Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, the Borough of Luton and parts of the London Borough of Barnet, Cambridgeshire and Buckinghamshire.
The Cathedral has played a significant role in history through the ages. It is the oldest site of continuous Christian worship in Britain and stands on the site where Britain’s first Saint, Alban, was martyred and buried after giving his life for his faith over 1,700 years ago. It still houses the shrine of St Alban and is a major site of Christian pilgrimage to this day.