This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced person to play a key role in developing and communicating our ministry and mission in Leicester and Leicestershire. The Discipleship & Vocations Enabler (DVE) will enable Parishes and Fresh Expressions of Church to develop people in their Christian journey and to enable all people to respond to God’s call on their life.
We are looking to develop people in their Christian journey and to enable all people to respond to God’s call on their life. To this end, the Discipleship and Vocations Enabler will work with individuals and communities;
- To enable the growth of discipleship and lay vocations in the Diocese of Leicester.
- To form and develop diverse team(s) to choreograph and stimulate growth in the number of disciples, depth of discipleship and loving service of the world.
- To help all Parishes and Fresh Expressions of Church be shaped into disciple-making communities
- To lead on producing resources for the “Shaped Every Day / Everyday Faith” theme to develop and take root across the diocese,
- To be a key partner in developing the emerging ‘Growing Faith’ Children and Youth discipleship strategy.
- Ability to deal sensitively and diplomatically with a range of people
- Good theological understanding of vocations
- Experience and evidenced skills in encouraging Vocations (both Lay, Licenced and Ordained)
- Knowledge of strategic issues in discipleship and vocations
- Committed to their own personal growth and development, professionally and as a disciple of Christ
- A missional imagination
- Good communication skills
- Leadership and influencing skills, able to work under pressure to changing and simultaneous deadlines
- Confident in their own spirituality and church tradition, but open, generous and able to work well within the breadth of the Church of England.
- Good understanding of a wide variety of Church forms and contexts – Resourcing Church, Pioneering Fresh Expressions, Parish Church.
- Ability to arrange own transport for travel around the Diocese
- Able to work unsocial hours
- Competent administrative and IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills (specifically around collaboration, supervision). Ability to both challenge and support as appropriate
- A good understanding of a variety of ethnicities and cultures and a deep commitment to work sensitively across and within these areas.
- Theological training at degree level or equivalent prior experience
- Experience in managing change, able to plan strategically and act pragmatically
- Experience of managing a budget
For more information about this application process, please use this link
Based in Leicester, the DVE will be a key member of the Mission and Ministry Department.
Salary in the region of £42 -£45,000 depending on experience
For further details and an application pack, check the Vacancies page on the Diocese of Leicester website, or contact:
Lynn Phillips, St Martins House, 7 Peacock Lane, Leicester LE1 5PZ, Lynn.Phillips@LecCofE.org 0116 261 5326
For an informal conversation about the post please contact Revd Dr Stuart Burns on 0116 261 5354
Closing date: Friday May 31st 2019
Interview date: Thursday 4th July 2019
There is an occupational requirement that the postholder is a practising member of the Church of England. This post is subject to Enhanced Plus DBS disclosure.