Posted 13 days agoExpires in 6 days
Bierton, Aylesbury, Bucks
St James is a welcoming and friendly family orientated congregation located in Bierton just outside Aylesbury and serves a number of communities around the northern ring road of this growing market town.
We seek a minister who has a clear and deeply rooted faith, secure and confident in their spiritual and personal life.
Our Mission Statement: Enriching Lives through Sharing Christ
- Engaging with our local community to expand the Kingdom of God here in Bierton and Hulcott
- Reaching out into the heart of our Parish, welcoming people into our church family at a time when many of our village activities are ceasing
- Growing in faith and fellowship together
- Taking our church to the people
Our Parish is committed to growth and offers huge potential. We are really excited about the next steps of our spiritual journey. We want to continue to be outward looking and to constantly seek new ways in which we can serve God by better serving our communities. We would like to grow, not just in numbers, but also in our spiritual maturity bringing us all into a closer relationship with God.
We seek a minister who will work with us to enable us to live out this mission.
We can offer:
- A willingness to help, be guided and encouraged to participate.
- A church family committed to honouring God through our worship, witness, service and fellowship.
- An understanding that our Vicar will come with his/her own strengths and gifts, which may be different from our former Vicar.
- An openness to engage in new things that will help us to expand our ministry and grow as a church for the glory of God.
- A prayerful, supporting and friendly church fellowship within a happy and thriving rural community on the edge of Aylesbury.
- A comfortable 4-bedroom vicarage, well sited and with ample space inside and out situated next to the church in a rural setting.
- Accessible links to local transport including a direct train line to London.
- A very warm and open welcome to whomever God sends us to be our next Parish Priest.
The person we seek:
- A minister who has a clear and deeply rooted faith, secure and confident in their spiritual and personal life.
- A person who will encompass and enjoy a variety of worship – traditional and modern, formal and informal.
- A vibrant person who can inspire our active church family and encourage new involvement in the life of the church and its activities in the parish, utilising all the various gifts our church members have to offer.
- Someone who can help us take our church to the people.
- A person who is pastorally sensitive, who enjoys meeting people and has the ability and concern to nurture a diverse congregation.
- Someone who will help us build upon our existing links with the two schools and nursing homes within parish and who will reach out to local youth groups such as Scouts, Cubs and Beavers to encourage and welcome participation in church activities.
- We are seeking someone with a good sense of humour who has skill and passion for engagement in the local community, both by meeting those from the community and by taking our mission out into the parish.
- We need a team player with leadership, organisational and IT skills who can prioritise.
For more information about our Parish please download the Parish Profile document below.
This is an Interim Priest in Charge position for a period of three years.
Closing date for applications: Noon on Wednesday 29th May 2019
Interviews: Monday 17th June 2019
Enhanced DBS Disclosure required.
For more information about this application process, please use this link