Christ Church is a friendly, all-age, committed Christian church family in Stamford, Lincolnshire. We’re looking for a Vicar who will be excited about the way that God has led us so far, and will feel called to lead, teach and equip us into further effective and fruitful discipleship.
We’re really excited about this new season in our church’s development! We hope to build on encouraging growth in our congregation, children’s work and outreach activities.
We want to be a community of believers where every member understands their value to God and is supported in living out their faith, and which serves the parish. There is a particular need for Bible teaching and discipling as we seek to nurture and encourage new as well as established believers. There is also a specific need for leadership and development of our Outreach Programmes, their staff and volunteers.
For an informal chat please feel free to contact our churchwarden Jason Nicholls phone:07828 150477 email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are prayerfully seeking a person centred on Jesus who:
- attends carefully to their own spiritual life as they seek to become an imitator of Christ;
- has a strong sense of calling to Christ Church, to lead us to invest in one another and become more like Jesus as we grow the church, impacting the parish and the town;
- is in an accountable relationship with others who regularly and prayerfully support, encourage and challenge you;
- believes in the authority of Scripture and is open to the power and gifts of the Holy Spirit;
- has a good sense of humour to meld well with a church in which ‘fun’ is a key characteristic!
Preaching, Teaching and Pastoral Care
- is a gifted Bible teacher and preacher, able to expound and apply the Bible imaginatively and effectively to ignite in us a passion to know God’s Word and live it out in our lives;
- is an inspirational communicator able to connect and build relationships with the whole community;
- in conjunction with others, will develop an increasingly effective pastoral care ministry for church members;
- shares our passion for church growth and will build on the recent mission work conducted in our community to move us forward under God’s guidance;
- can relate to all ages and build on the ministry among young families and children that has been developed in recent years.
Leader and Mentor
- is an experienced team leader who will encourage, inspire, uphold, support, empower and nurture staff, volunteers and the wider congregation to develop their own faith, gifts and ministry;
- is able to be entrepreneurial, diplomatic and patient – willing to take risks in advancing God’s Kingdom in places so far unreached in the local community;
- is capable of seeing the big picture and prioritising and delegating effectively;
- with the PCC will make strategic decisions, setting clear priorities in order to further our calling to help people become lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ;
- has an awareness of finances, its management and strategic use in order to prayerfully move forwards with the mission and ministry of the church.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
In return we would offer our new incumbent
- a welcome into our church family as we seek together to become increasingly ‘a place to belong’;
- the love and prayer of the wardens, staff and congregation at Christ Church;
- the support of an office administrator, pastoral coordinator, lay reader, Children & Youth Minister, and three other project leaders;
- a sense of anticipation and excitement as we move forward;
- a willingness to give of our time and talents;
- good relations with other local churches in the town;
- excellent accommodation in a recently-built five-bedroom detached house in a great town;
- a day off per week, six weeks holiday per year (pro rata), plus time for conferences and retreats;
- full reimbursement of costs incurred in carrying out ministry.
So, is God calling you? Are you ready to courageously embark with us on living out God’s vision? If you are innovative and creative in bridging the gap between church and community, keen to teach the Bible to new and established believers, have experience in leading and developing teams, and love Jesus and long to see God’s kingdom grow, we would be thrilled to hear from you!
Please click on the links below to find out more about us.
Stamford Christ Church Website
Stamford Christ Church facebook page
Stamford Christ Church Twitter feed
Lincoln Diocese Website
Closing Date: Sunday 24th November 2019
Parish Visit: Tuesday 17th December 2019
Interview: Edward King House, Lincoln, Wednesday 18th December 2019