Posted 5 days agoExpires in 1 month
Fixed Term Full Time
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and energetic person with a vision for how to develop youth provision in Church of England parishes across the Diocese of Blackburn.
The successful candidate will be:
- A committed Christian with a desire to share the Gospel with young people
- A strategic thinker
- An experienced Youth Worker in a church setting
- Self-motivated person who can work effectively as part of a team
The primary purpose of this role is to develop youth provision across churches in the diocese, helping churches take their next steps in youth provision with the goal of helping young people build a relationship with Jesus.
This is a role about developing youth provision across churches in the diocese. Helping churches take their next steps in youth provision with the ultimate goal of helping young people build a relationship with Jesus. This role is tied to a specific project that works in partnership with the Diocesan Youth Adviser but operates separate to this role.
- To create and develop a strategic programme of support for local parishes
- Encourage, equip, support and resource youth work in the local parishes
- Research and develop thinking on best practice in discipleship and evangelism of young people
- Support parishes to engage with young people
- Develop a network of contacts across the broader Youth Work and Diocesan contexts
- To support and assist the wider youth team for the diocese in delivering diocesan events and activities with a view to a scaffolded approach of training those who may ultimately take up these roles on a voluntary basis.
- Liaise with workers and volunteers from local parishes at all levels
- Train parish workers on key aspects of work with young people
- Being a sounding board and critical voice for senior diocesan leaders, local church leadership teams, national church organisations and individuals
- To be a point of contact for those in the project needing informed, expert youth provision input.
- To represent the voice of young people.
- Adhere to relevant Safeguarding, Child Protection and other relevant policies in the execution of the role and maintain confidentiality where required.
- Ensure that all health and safety instructions are followed and that responsibility is taken to ensure safety for self and colleagues, reporting concerns immediately.
- This job description provides a guide to the duties and responsibilities of the post and is not an exhaustive list. The post holder may be asked to undertake any other relevant duties appropriate to the post. The job description may be amended over time but only in consultation with the post holder.
SEE ATTACHED JOB PACK
For more information please email Helen Morris, secretary to the Director of Education at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: noon Thursday 21st March
Interviews to be held on: Friday 29th March